Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Toxicity continues

Having returned from an out of town trip, it seems my health has taken a turn for the worse. I had been complaining of chills and slight fever brought about by an incipient cold even as early as Sunday night at the beginning of the week. Going out of town thereafter didn't help. My cold is now a painful cough and I've been prescribed some meds and rest by the medics. Unfortunately, my presence is needed at work as we have some deadly deadlines to fulfill. I'll just have to keep crossing my fingers while rolling on my Willpower and Constitution - hoping for a critical roll and not a fumble to get me through the day.

As a slight aside, it has always been my habit to ask for a window seat when taking a plane ride. This normally provides me a view outside which goes far to alleviating the tedium of a long monotonous trip inside a commercial jet. No matter how much I've seen it, I love to look down on mountains, rivers, roads and other terrain features rolling right on below as we speed towards our destination.

Maybe it was the slight grogginess that hit me but on the trip out, I kept mentally superimposing hex grids on the mountains, rivers and plains that rolled out from under the plane. Could it be that some cosmic high stakes role playing game is being waged out there somewhere beyond our space and time reference and that our world is merely a hexmap of the powers that be?

Strange thoughts. I need my medicine... and rest. Glorious rest.

5 comments:

  1. Get well, fully and soon! :D

    & yes, I believe you are correct regarding the greater conflict. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Timeshadow's best wishes - ironic that if you do have the bird plague, you'll be passing it to your co-workers in your air-conned office, rather than being left to suffer in peace in the comfort of your own home. You do have to wonder when people want to put the 'dead' back into deadline ;)

    Take care, and get well, and stay away from the Zombie fad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon! Take your meds and get your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are under the weather!
    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm back to the salt mines today and feel a bit better. Kobold, I'm just very relieved it wasn't a case of the bird plague. :)

    ReplyDelete